Monday, March 31, 2014

Chickadee Day

Today in my yard we saw little Chickadees come to the Chickadee nest box. They started to make a nest in it. If you have a dog, you should brush their hair and put things like that out for them to make a nest. They will also use dried moss. It works because we tried it. The female Chickadee is the same as the male. A great place to buy a Chickadee nest box is Wild Birds Unlimited. I like the one by Rivergate. Sometimes they have Greyhounds in the store. They have lots of different kinds of nest boxes. The nest boxes they have are really, really nice.

This is my nest box and my Chickadees

Carolina Wrens will also use a Chickadee nest box. We have a Carolina Wren with no tail. We think it might be making a nest in our grill. The male can make more than one nest and let the female pick the best one. I hope she picks the one in our grill.

This is my wren with no tail

This is the pair

Soon I will be talking about Hummingbirds. 

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your post about hummingbirds Abigail! Good job on your first blog! Kathy Morgan-Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was excited when I read your comment to her. She said "Thank you Mrs. Kathy!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love the little Chickadees. My grandson as I mentioned in your previous post says that they have on their Vanderbilt Black caps. LOL Abigail, be sure to watch for the Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks in our area towards the end of April. They are BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to hear about your Hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like Chickadees too. I did not know those birds would be coming. I will look it up in my bird books. I hope I get to see one.

      Delete
  4. Very nice blog article Abigail! Looking forward to your new ones. John Pepper

    ReplyDelete