Sunday, March 30, 2014

Today We Put Our Bird Boxes Up

When you hang a bird nest box, you should always make it 5 feet or higher.  Rub a bar of soap on the top of the roof inside. That will keep wasps from attaching their nest in your box. When you see birds, don’t you think the pretty bird is the female? Well, you are wrong. Males are the most pretty because they try to get the female’s attention so the female will like the male. 

I also got a bird cam. You might see baby birds on it soon. I will tell you about that later.

5 comments:

  1. I believe you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are doing a good job on your newspaper.

      Delete
  2. Did not know that about the soap! I will make sure I tell my parents to do that in their boxes! Awesome blog girlie!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abigail, I love your bird blog. Thanks for the tip about the soap. I did not know that. We have several feeders and nesting boxes in our yard. My 4 year old grandson has been learning about the birds since he was a baby. He loves watching them and can name many of them. I will be looking forward to your other helpful tips and information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic that your 4 year old knows some of their names. Thank you very much.

      Delete